Hocking Valley Community Hospital has a full service laboratory offering timely, accurate, state-of-the-art testing. Our staff is dedicated to a high level of technical expertise and excellent customer service.
The Laboratory maintains a staff of qualified Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Medical Laboratory Technicians, and Phlebotomists on a 24-hour per day basis. The services provided include:
- Blood Bank – performs typing and compatibility testing and supplies blood components as necessary for patient care.
- Chemistry/Urinalysis – provides a variety of routine and esoteric procedures
- Hematology – provides a variety of routine and special procedures including coagulation.
- Microbiology/Serology – performs bacterial identification and determines sensitivities to antibiotics. Provides routine serological testing procedures.
- Phlebotomy – obtains specimens by venipuncture and capillary puncture for inpatients and outpatients.
- Point of Care – reviews and monitors patient care, trains personnel, and consults regarding all laboratory testing done outside the Laboratory in the Health System.
Registering: A physician’s order is required at the time of registration. Series or reoccurring tests can be ordered and kept on file in the Registration Dept., for the patient’s convenience. After the registration staff has obtained the necessary information, you will be directed to the Laboratory. A Laboratory Phlebotomist will greet you and proceed with the specimen collection.
The Laboratory maintains and assures quality through a comprehensive in-house quality program and participates in external proficiency testing by the American Proficiency Institute.
Laboratory accreditation is by the Joint Commission, 1-630-792-5000 or email@example.com.
Laboratory phone (740)-380-8218, fax (740)-380-8194. The Laboratory Director is Amy Scarberry, B.S., M.T., (ASCP) and can be reached at (740)-380-8201, email firstname.lastname@example.org.