Hocking Valley Community Hospital has a full service laboratory offering timely, accurate, state-of-the-art testing. Our staff is dedicated to a high level of technical expertise and excellent customer service.
The Laboratory maintains a staff of qualified Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Medical Laboratory Technicians, and Phlebotomists on a 24-hour per day basis. The services provided include:
- Blood Bank - performs typing and compatibility testing and supplies blood components as necessary for patient care.
- Chemistry/Urinalysis - provides a variety of routine and esoteric procedures
- Hematology - provides a variety of routine and special procedures including coagulation.
- Microbiology/Serology - performs bacterial identification and determines sensitivities to antibiotics. Provides routine serological testing procedures.
- Phlebotomy - obtains specimens by venipuncture and capillary puncture for inpatients and outpatients.
- Point of Care - reviews and monitors patient care, trains personnel, and consults regarding all laboratory testing done outside the Laboratory in the Health System.
The Laboratory maintains and assures quality through a comprehensive in-house quality program and participates in external proficiency testing by the American Proficiency Institute.
Laboratory accreditation is by the Joint Commission, 1-630-792-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laboratory phone (740)-380-8218, fax (740)-380-8194. The Laboratory Director is Amy Scarberry, B.S., M.T., (ASCP) and can be reached at (740)-380-8201, email email@example.com.