Dedicated Volunteers Supporting HVCH
The HVCH Auxiliary is made up of dedicated volunteers who organize special fund-raising activities to benefit the hospital. The group has donated more than $1.5 million to the hospital since its inception for equipment upgrades, hospital improvements and patient support.
The Auxiliary began June 8, 1960, when a group of 13 interested women met in the former doctors’ lounge of the old Hocking Valley Community Hospital on Main Street. This step was at the suggestion of Dr. George B. Watson of Adelphi, who had recently helped organize a similar group in Laurelville. He felt that a women’s auxiliary to the hospital could accomplish much. At that meeting, the first officers were installed and constitution of bylaws drafted.
Toward the end of 1960, the membership of the Auxiliary had grown so much it was decided to reorganize the Auxiliary into smaller groups of workable size. The name TWIG (Together With Important Goals) was chosen for the smaller groups. There have been several TWIG groups over the years, with three still active today.
These tireless volunteers conduct several fundraisers every year for the hospital, including bake sales, basket raffles, flower sales, auctions and much more. They also support the hospital through volunteerism at annual events.
If you enjoy special events and fund-raising activities, joining the HVCH Auxiliary might be the right place for you! For information about becoming an Auxiliary member, call the HVCH Community Relations office at 740-380-8336.
These tireless volunteers conduct fundraisers throughout the year.
Over $1.5 million donated to HVCH
Past purchases include:
- $25,000 for SIM mannequin
- $19,000 for hospital lobby and registration refurbishments
- $75,000 for water line replacement projects
- $34,000 for Operating Room equipment
- $75,000 for hospital refurbishments
- $128,000 for C-Arm machine
- $75,000 for 10 electronic medical record carts
- $6,869 for 2 hover lift mattresses
- $100,000 for 27 new infusion pumps
- $50,000 for ultrasound system
- $107,028 for the Cardiac Units & Ultrasound Unit
- $37,000 for infant warmer and electrical stimulation for Ultrasound Unit
- $15,000 for dietary computer software and furniture for the Behavioral Health Unit
- $20,000 for blanket warmer for chemotherapy and leg press for outpatient rehab
- $100,000 for new Med Surg Unit beds
- $13,096 for Food Warmer System
- $28,000 for Special Care Unit Beds
- $38,000 for equipment
- $42,000 for anesthesia machine
- $95,000 for surgical equipment
- $154,700 for surgical equipment and medicine carts
- $100,000 to the hospital capital campaign
- $60,000 for furnishing in the Med Surg Unit
- $21,133 for papoose board, sleeper chairs for parents, and fiberoptic scopes and accessories
- $8,352 for cardiac telemetry unit and infant warmer
- $40,000 for HVCH Memorial Fund
- $14,327 for equipment
- $15,507 for pediatric aerosol tent, sigmoidoscope, gastroscope and intravenous pump
- $19,203 for Special Care Unit equipment
- $12,393 for Long Term Care Unit equipment
- $8,000 for x-ray film developer
- $15,277 for hospital equipment
- $22,755 for coulter counter, x-ray equipment, ultrasound equipment, hot pack, stainless steel arm rests, and heart monitoring system