Special/Intensive Care Unit
HVCH has a department that provides specialized care to the critically ill.
The Special Care Unit provides nursing care for up to five medical and surgical patients with critical care needs, including:
- Continuous specialized nursing care and monitoring of the patient.
- The availability of physicians and medical staff who are trained in internal medicine, surgery, anesthesia, and emergency medicine.
- Specialized services including cardiac monitoring, mechanical ventilation, IV therapy, arterial lines, tracheotomies, thrombolytic administration, and hypothermia treatment.
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists, social workers, clinical pharmacists, and respiratory therapists are readily available to assist in the care of the patients.
- Visitors may be limited depending on the patient’s condition; please check with your nurse.
For more information, call HVCH at 740-380-8000.