Hocking Valley lab has been drawing my son’s blood 3 times a year for several years. They do an excellent job, always getting it on the first try. He is comfortable now with the staff and it is always a smooth process – thank you!
Outpatient Lab Services Available 24 Hours/7 Days a Week
Hocking Valley Community Hospital has a full service laboratory offering timely, accurate, state-of-the-art testing. Our staff is dedicated to a high level of technical expertise and excellent customer service.
The Laboratory maintains a staff of qualified Clinical Laboratory Scientists, Medical Laboratory Technicians, and Phlebotomists on a 24-hour per day basis.
The services provided include:
- Blood Bank – performs typing and compatibility testing and supplies blood components as necessary for patient care.
- Chemistry/Urinalysis – provides a variety of routine and esoteric procedures.
- Hematology – provides a variety of routine and special procedures including coagulation.
- Microbiology/Serology – performs bacterial identification and determines sensitivities to antibiotics. Provides routine serological testing procedures.
- Phlebotomy – obtains specimens by venipuncture and capillary puncture for inpatients and outpatients.
- Point of Care – reviews and monitors patient care, trains personnel, and consults regarding all laboratory testing done outside the Laboratory in the Health System.
Registering & Results
A physician’s order is required at the time of registration. Series or reoccurring tests can be ordered and kept on file in the Registration Department for the patient’s convenience. After the registration staff has obtained the necessary information, you will be directed to the Laboratory. A Laboratory Phlebotomist will greet you and proceed with the specimen collection.
Once the Laboratory has received your results, they will send them to your physician to be assessed. You will then need to be in contact with your physician were he/she will explain your results and discus the future of your medical treatment.
The Laboratory maintains and assures quality through a comprehensive in-house quality program and participates in external proficiency testing by the American Proficiency Institute.
Laboratory accreditation is by the Joint Commission, (630) 792-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the laboratory at (740) 380-8218, fax (740) 380-8194.
Had some blood work done and it was very easy; she was very good at getting it . I had no pain at all; she was very sweet and friendly .
(They) did a wonderful job and the lab draw was quick and painless. She was very friendly and helpful.